The main directions of scientific research, proposed by the Pukhov Institute for Modeling in Energy Engineering of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine for joint work
Ensuring cybersecurity and protecting information at energy facilities and critical state infrastructure:
1.Conceptual framework for ensuring cybersecurity at energy facilities and critical infrastructure.
2.Theory modeling and analysis of subsystems of information security in automated and telecommunication systems of energy facilities.
3.Decision support system in cyber-security risk management for energy facilities.
Theory and methods of modeling processes and systems in the energy sector:
1. Methods for modeling of equilibrium states of electricity markets with imperfect competition.
2. Methods for modeling the development of generating capacity of power systems under market conditions.
3. Mathematical and computer modeling of organizational management processes in the energy sector under market conditions. Agent-based modelling framework of Smart Grid.
4. Development of multimode mathematical models and computer applications for calculating the compressible and incompressible fluid parameters for quasi-stationary hydraulic and thermal processes in hydraulic distribution systems.
5. Development of a complex deterministic mathematical model of a system for managing the reclamation of geothermal and carbohydrate resources by deep boreholes.
Theory of modeling and information technologies of monitoring and control of objects and energy systems:
1. Methods and means of computer interpretation of the measurements and observations results in energy’s automated systems with the achievement of maximum separative ability on the basis of mathematical methods for processing signals and images.
2. Development of methods, hardware and software to increase the reliability and accuracy of leakage detection of pipeline systems.
3. Development of methods and technical means for remote evaluation of corrosion wear of underground pipelines.
4. Development of methods and means for determining the thermal losses of the main pipelines of heat supply.
5. Development of systems for the technical diagnostics of power equipment (turbogenerators, high-power pumps, etc.).
6. Development of means of metrological support of systems and elements of technical diagnostics (vibrocalibration installations, acoustic measurements, etc.).
7. Theory design and analysis video computer stereoscopic (3D) systems.
8. Methods and means of information and technological support of personalized adaptive interaction “user-system” in automated control systems and expert systems.
9. Development and investigation of ultrasonic image processing system using the pattern recognition method.
Application of information technologies in training of personnel of energy objects:
1.Development of the systems of training, knowledge control and simulators for the personnel of distribution networks, Thermal Power Plants and Nuclear Power Plants, jointly with the organization of LLC Scientific and Production Enterprise “ASOT” (Lviv).
2.Development of information technologies focused on branch specialists and tools for supporting the creation of training simulators and knowledge control tools for energy companies.
3.Creation of an international virtual training center to ensure integration of Ukraine’s United Power Grid into the ENTSO-E (European Network of System Operators for Electricity Transmission).
4.Creation of a research center for simulation of emergency modes of operation of large energy associations and personnel training.
Modern methods of computer calculations and programming:
1.Tools and methods for reconfigurable computing based on FPGAs in high-performance computing environments.
2.Creation of a parallel program framework for modeling of network objects adapted to work in a computing grid.
3.Direct and iterative methods for solving large-scale linear systems.
4.Methods for solving large-scale mixed complementarity problems.
5.Development of special-purpose digital devices with low power consumption.
The modeling, forecasting and means to reduce anthropogenic environmental pollution:
1.Analysis of the environmental safety of the potential sources of contaminants (including power plants and equipment for oil and gas extraction). Research and identify appropriate sources of contamination and processes. Determining the influence of design patterns, operational and other factors on the environmental condition of the study area.
2.Theoretical and experimental studies of flow of pollutants into the air from identified sources of pollution in view of their structural, operational and other factors. The inverse problem of source іdentification of according to measurement data of surface concentrations.
3.Justification and development of methods of forecasting air pollution spreading from the sources of pollutants. Investigation of the mechanism of getting harmful substances from the air in the other environment (water, soil, living organisms) taking into account different climatic factors.
4.Numerical models development for the operational calculation of pollution levels of hazardous chemical, biological and radioactive substances, which are released during emergencies at industrial facilities, pipelines, transport installations and or terrorist attacks and to implement a decision support system as a risk management tool for such environmental emergencies.
5.Development of an information system for online access to mitigation plans, analysis tools for decision support during emergencies or terrorist attacks, and to increase public awareness of the emergency.